Dissapointment

If I ever to name one of the worst ever emotion to feel, it would be disappointment. I think almost everyone dread having to feel disappointed - whether with ourselves or others. It happens when our actions or those of others were unexpected. It comes as a sort of heavy, dreaded feeling of hoping what just happened is not actually real, but you know that it is pointless to hope.

I have felt disappointed at myself for countless times. Especially after exams. There would be this annoying heavy feeling that would pull me down by reminding me of how I should have worked harder. Usually, it'll bother me for a while before I finally learn to accept and get over it.

Many people actually think that self-disappointment is a much harder blow to endure than feeling disappointed with others. But I beg to differ. This is because I think that even when you feel disappointed with yourself, there is a chance for you to encourage yourself to not do it again. Whereas with others, you can't actually decide their further behaviour. It's like something beyond your control. And sometimes you can't get over it. Because with yourself, you tend to love yourself more and that makes it easier to let the disappointment go, unlike with others.

Sigh well it's not a very rewarding feeling. To feel let down or disappointed by someone - your friend, loved one or  even a stranger. You really just wish that things didn't happen that way. But then again, should you really care? Does it really concern you? Perhaps...and perhaps not. Sometimes I think it's better to just ignore and live your own life.

That's it, mind my own business. 

0 comments: